Tuesday, May 7, 2013




Every website devoted to bicycles could have a little shrine near the entrance dedicated to Sheldon Brown. To those  familiar, this is not news, nor is Sheldon's passing almost 5 years ago. Still, as far as a web presence on the subject of bicycles, their repair, maintenance and just about anything and everything you'd care to find out or know about them, Sheldon Brown was and is unsurpassed. (To those who might not be familiar you can find it a handy index of Sheldon's work here ) I still use Sheldon's site to get myself out of trouble fixing bikes, particularly vintage bikes. It's hard to remember it all but Sheldon covered it, I've never not found what I was looking for on his site.

I had the pleasure of chatting with Sheldon a number of times over the years.when he was at the shop in Newton. He always set me straight and I always left knowing more than when I walked in.

No comments:

Post a Comment